This position is responsible for providing full-service move management over the phone that promotes customer satisfaction and positively impacts the Company’s shipment and financial performance. This position will require an understanding of requirements to include; reporting, shipment documentation, weight allowances, and Department of Defense regulations. This individual works closely among a team of Customer Care representatives, Van Lines Operations Planners and Dispatchers, Transportation Service Providers and Transportation Offices throughout the country to proactively manage the relocation process, including post-delivery service evaluations to support the company’s short and long-term strategic business objectives
These temporary positions are from March to August/September. The position will last roughly 5-6 months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop a supportive relationship with customer over the phone, maintaining contact from start to finish while managing realistic expectations
- Achieve 95% of predetermined customer touch-points throughout the service delivery
- Communicate by phone at expected milestones to measure service, resolve issues as necessary
- Notify customer of schedule changes to avoid unnecessary inconvenience
- Monitor distressed shipments and provide customer updates for late shipments
- Schedule warehouse shipment pick-ups and manage documentation
- Identify problems and act to rectify them by employing analytical thinking and sound judgment.
- Handle customer complaints without manager intervention 90% of the time.
- Perform internal post-delivery surveys, providing service recovery as necessary to improve customer satisfaction.
- Answer all calls professionally, using proper phone etiquette.
- Utilize strong time management, organization skills and prioritization in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally as a team player exhibiting timely, professional and proactive customer service skills
- Recognize varying levels of customer concerns, emotions, and stress points in order to adapt accordingly to meet customer expectations
- Project an image of patience and expertise while providing courteous, timely, and professional communication through all customer (external and internal) interactions by phone, written, or in person
- Perform necessary administrative tasks pertaining to dates, authorizations, and customer or transportation service provider requests
- Understand and apply DP3 Business Rules, DTR, It’s Your Move regulations
- Utilize multiple monitors with different software applications; IMIS, Easy DPS, DPS, Avaya Call Center Software
- Document all phone, text, and/or email contact in Interstate Management System (IMIS)
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively by phone.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to determine, communicate and deliver to the customers’ expectations while following company procedures.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Resilient - Ability to recover from, or adjust to, problems or setbacks.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associate’s Degree required in a position-relevant field. Or, minimum of three (3) years work experience in a customer service-centric position
Computer Skills: Minimum requirements in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point of Beginner Level (Intermediate Level or higher preferred). Minimum keyboard skill level of 40 wpm.