The Systems Office Installer will be responsible for the assembly/disassembly of household furniture, modular and systems office furniture, and wall mounting of model home and office artwork and electronics. Must have the ability to read and interpret floor plans, sketches, and/or diagrams to install/assemble various products including, but not limited to: modular furniture, artwork, office furniture, home, or office products with minimal to no supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Able to establish and maintain a strong customer focused working relationship.
- Familiarity of the installation processes with various types and manufactures systems furniture
- Installs various types of wall mounted electronics, modular furniture, pictures, wall art and mirrors on various types of wall surfaces and construction per customer specifications
- Assists with loading/unloading furniture into and out of trucks, warehouses, and on jobsites
- Unpacks furnishings and other duties may be assigned
- Ability to read floor plans, sketches, and diagrams to determine proper placement and installation of various products
- Owns and maintains tool kit for the assembly/disassembly/reassembly and installation of various furniture, both residential and commercial/office as well as the mounting of electronics, artwork and mirrors
- Able to provide viable repairs to furnishings, as required
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations in accordance with Company Safety Policy
- Actively participates in moving materials, equipment, furniture, household goods including the packing and crating of valuables and hard-to-move items
- Responsible for maintain a clean, safe worksite, including assigned truck at all times
- Attending/Reviewing Project Briefings and Demonstrations
- May travel to areas outside the local metro area to install remote model projects.
- Act as liaison with customer to maintain delivery schedules and overall maintenance of daily procedures.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Minimize Company exposure and risk on project
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
- Supporting Commercial and Model Home projects, as needed
- Provide customer with a complete and professional installation, assembly, and wall mounting service that meets or exceeds customer and/or industry expectations.
- Good communication skills
- Be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Prior installation experience and familiarity of systems and modular furniture, to include wall hanging/mounting of artwork and electronics on various types of wall construction and surfaces
- Possess and maintain a driver's license with the ability to qualify to drive a company passenger van
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School education or GED equivalent, and at least three (3) years of industry related experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGULATIONS
- Need to be able to obtain a security clearance if required by contract
- Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.