Interested in making your mark at a 100% employee-owned firm? Wiley|Wilson has 180+ employee-owners serving clients from five office locations and we are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team in Lynchburg, VA. This role can also be based in Alexandria, VA, Richmond, VA, Raleigh, NC or Atlanta, GA.
We want to add a Senior Structural Engineer to our team who can think both creatively and logically to come up with innovative design and development solutions. If this sounds like you, then apply today!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Employee ownership (ESOP)
- Generous benefits, including
- Multiple group health insurance options
- 401k with up to 6% matching contribution
- Four weeks of PTO + 9 holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!
The right candidate will:
- Provide team leadership, mentor design staff, including engineers and designers, and maintain client relationships
- Support Business Development through development of proposals and determining level of effort for the structural tasks associated with the various projects
- Manage projects that are primarily structural in scope.
- Lead junior staff in the technical design of structures
- Perform required engineering tasks, related calculations (both hand calculations and using structural design software) and analyses, and prepare written reports
- Prepare drawings and specifications for projects
- Coordinate/communicate project structural activities with other design disciplines
- Review construction phase submittals of field testing results, materials composition, etc.
- Federal project experience
- Industrial project experience
- MS in Structural/Architectural Engineering
- Experience in Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build procurement formats
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a security clearance
- EOE/AAP, M/F/Disability/Covered Veteran, Drug Free Workplace
- Senior Structural Engineer L205