The Senior Accounting Manager – Corporate Support role offers the opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment supporting enterprise-wide initiatives for a middle-market Government Contracting company. The successful candidate will possess a wide-range of accounting skills and will be heavily involved in providing solutions, best practices, policies, procedures, key controls and transactional oversight to various entities within a private-equity backed firm. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance who oversees Global Accounting, Audit, Tax, and Treasury and the position will be a key support element to the Corporate Accounting team. This is a highly visible role and interactions with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) will be frequent and ongoing. As such, the successful candidate will need to possess superior communication skills and the ability to provide thought leadership throughout all levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate for this position will also possess top notch leadership capabilities, a high level of integrity, will be action-oriented, will be able to successfully collaborate across the company, and will be well versed at designing solutions to complex accounting problems.
Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
- Facilitating and reviewing the month-end close with the respective operating company teams
- Providing technical accounting support to GL, A/R, A/P, Payroll, Accruals, Reconciliations, et al
- Assisting with the preparation and consolidation of financial statements
- Conducting variance analysis and assisting with explaining material changes to financial statements
- Supporting cash management activities including forecasting, credit reporting, and other treasury items
- Managing the complex and cross-functional process of combining operations and systems
- Maintaining internal controls, updating policies and procedures
- Driving continuous improvement through lean and efficient processes
- Maintaining compliance with GAAP, FAR, and DCAA
- Assisting with external audit processes, including establishing and maintaining the audit relationship, coordinating field work dates, managing G/L team audit requests, and assisting in resolving audit issues
- Supporting the integration of mergers and acquisitions, including accounting systems, accounting policies, processes, and procedures.