The job of School Nutrition Manager Trainee was established for the purpose/s of coordinating food and supply orders and deliveries; providing comprehensive training of all food service staff; supervising food services activities at assigned sites; organizing food preparation activities; assisting food service workers with food preparation and serving; confirming quantities and quality of food items available for use; providing written reports; conducting site reviews at finishing kitchens; and complying with mandated health requirements.
Education: Targeted job-related education that meets the organization’s prerequisite requirements.
Certificates & Licenses: None required.
- Job-related within the specialized fields with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Essential FunctionsAssists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Assists with coordinating catering functions for the purpose of ensuring adequate food, supplies, decorations, labor, etc. for scheduled events.
- Collects free and reduced meal applications for the purpose of determining eligibility under program guidelines.
- Conducts training sessions and/or periodic site reviews of finishing kitchens for the purpose of improving manager skills, assisting managers in maintaining appropriate inventory levels, and/or making recommendations concerning operating procedures.
- Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts standardized recipes as required for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste.
- Inspects food and/or supply deliveries for the purpose of verifying quantity and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health requirements.
- Inventories food, condiments, supplies, and equipment at specified intervals for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items and limiting losses.
- Maintains product nutrition information for the purpose of ensuring compliance with USDA guidelines.
- Manages site operations (e.g. monitor meal accounts, evaluate new products and/or menus, etc.) for the purpose of providing safe and efficient food services at the assigned site in compliance with mandated nutritional and health requirements.
- Monitors food service facilities (e.g. kitchen equipment, trays, utensils, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe, clean, and sanitary working environment.
- Orders food, equipment, and supplies for the purpose of maintaining an adequate inventory to complete jobs efficiently within budget guidelines.
- Orients and trains new employees to work center and school site processes for the purpose of providing information regarding site operations and activities.
- Oversees quantity food preparation, cooking, serving, and transportation of food and beverage items for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and health requirements.
- Performs functions of other positions within the area of responsibility for the purpose of ensuring adequate coverage of foodservice operations.
- Prepares reports and documents (e.g. training records, meal program records, inventory reports, reconciliation reports, cash summary, payroll sheets, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
- Processes receipts for the purpose of completing and documenting transactions and/or preparing deposits for bank drop.
- Promotes food and nutrition services to schools and communities for the purpose of increasing participation and building name recognition.
- Responds to inquires of students, staff, and the public for the purpose of providing information and direction regarding nutritional programs and services.
- Schedules work hours and assignments for food service staff for the purpose of providing coverage for daily operations.
- Supervises food service workers and other personnel as assigned (e.g. interviews, trains, evaluates, disciplines, etc.) for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the workforce and meeting shift requirements.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.