This position assists the school food service team in the preparation, serving, and cleanup of nutritious, appealing meals and works with the manager in maintaining documentation of daily record keeping/or financial daily record keeping for specific department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Certificates & Licenses: ServSafe; NVCFM Experience: Job related experience is desired.
- Serve as lead cashier, produce/baker, or prep/production employee as assigned by manager. Provide leadership to other employees in assigned area.
- Assist with management responsibilities in the absence of the manager/assistant manager.
- Work with manager/assistant manager to train new employees.
- Arranges food and beverage items (e.g. placing in steam tables, displaying, filling racks, transport food carts to classrooms, etc.) for students and staff.
- Assists in promoting the food services program to ensure food service programs are self-supporting.
- Assists in the preparation of a variety of lunchroom-related reports (e.g. bank deposits, production sheets, temperature sheets, etc.) in compliance with established regulations.
- Assists with stocking and inventorying refrigerated and frozen groceries.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation and serving areas to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Collects payments for food items (e.g. cash, eligible meal recipients, etc.).
- Cooks food, prepares and/or from scratch, to meet projected meal requirements.
- Documents waste (e.g. left overs, unsanitary food items, spoilage, etc.) in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies to verify quantity and specifications of orders in compliance with mandated health requirements.
- Loads carts and delivers meals to classrooms as assigned.
- Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas to ensure a safe working environment.
- Monitors temperatures (e.g. freezer, refrigerator, hot food, etc.) to ensure safe storing and serving of food items in compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Prepares food and beverage items to meet mandated nutritional requirements and projected meal requirements.
- Receives supplies and food items to ensure adequate supplies to meet mandated nutritional requirements.
- Reconciles cash transactions and item counts to balance financial and daily inventory accounts.
- Responds to inquiries from various parties to provide information and/or refer to appropriate personnel.
- Serves food items to meet mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personnel.
- Stocks food, condiments and supplies to maintain adequate quantities and security of items.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test