The School Nutrition Assistant I prepares and distributes food items for consumption by students and school personnel ensures compliance with reporting requirements and maintains facilities in a sanitary condition.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Certificates & Licenses: None required.
Experience: Job-related experience is desired.
Arranges food and beverage items (e.g. placing in steam tables, displaying, filling racks, transport food carts to classrooms, etc.) for students and staff.
- Assists in promoting the food services program to ensure food service programs are self-supporting.
- Assists in the preparation of a variety of lunchroom-related reports (e.g. bank deposits, production sheets, temperature sheets, ) in compliance with established regulations.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation, and serving areas to maintain sanitarily
- Collects payments for food items (e.g. cash, eligible meal recipients, ).
- Cooks food prepares and/or from scratch, to meet projected meal
- Documents waste (e.g. leftovers, unsanitary food items, spoilage, ) in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies to verify quantity and specifications of orders in compliance with mandated health
- Loads carts and delivers meals to classrooms as
- Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas to ensure a safe working
- Monitors temperatures (e.g. freezer, refrigerator, hot food, ) to ensure safe storing and serving of food items in compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Prepares food and beverage items to meet mandated nutritional requirements and projected meal
- Receives supplies and food items to ensure adequate supplies to meet mandated nutritional
- Reconciles cash transactions and item counts to balance financial and daily inventory
- Responds to inquiries from various parties to provide information and/or refer to appropriate
- Serves food items to meet mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school
- Stocks food, condiments, and supplies to maintain adequate quantities and security of
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background
- Tuberculosis Skin