Evening Star Cafe, Del Ray's original dining destination and quintessential neighborhood gathering place is seeking experienced and ambitious serving staff to add to our team of hospitality professionals. The Evening Star opened in 1997 in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria and became an essential component of the area from the start. Over the last 24 years the restaurant has evolved and expanded. Beyond its original footprint, Evening Star now includes an adjoining wine shop called Planet Wine which provides an extremely extensive wine list for diners; an additional bar and lounge upstairs for live music, games, and private events; an expansive outdoor patio called the Front Porch; and a rooftop garden created in partnership with Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food & Agriculture that provides much of the seasonal produce featured on the menu. We're operating fully outdoors at the moment for maximum safety of both guests and staff in these changing times.
• 1+ year of serving, bartending, or food running experience
• Familiarity with Virginia ABC laws and certifications
• The ability to multitask while demonstrating grace under pressure
• The ability to anticipate and exceed varying guests needs
• A positive, upbeat attitude and the desire to provide excellent hospitality
• Focus and direction to thrive in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
• And most importantly: a passion for food, beverage, and ongoing development in a changing world!
If this describes you - we'd love to meet up