We can’t wait to share our passion for aviation with you! Join a team that works hard, cares for each other and offers plenty of opportunities to grow.
**This position is for the Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA)**
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Ramp Agents work outdoors in a very fast-paced airport environment. Customer service agents must keep both the company goals and customer expectations in mind when completing their daily tasks. Employee will be responsible to meet or exceed all performance goals. Responsibilities include baggage loading, operation of motorized service vehicles and equipment, aircraft services.
- Use of computers and other office equipment
- Airport ramp environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
- All shifts including weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
Starting Salary: $17.71/hr
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available
**Weekly Hiring Sessions**
Join us starting August 1 here on the 6th Floor at the Workforce Development Center on Tuesdays between the times of 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to apply and interview for a chance to be hired on the spot for the position of Ramp Agent or Gate Agent (advancement opportunities available, read below).
DATE: Every Tuesday, Starting August 1 (Some Wednesdays will be announced for walk-ins)
TIME: Between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
LOCATION: The Workforce Development Center (4850 Mark Center Dr., 6th Fl., Alexandria, VA)
Discover Your Journey
- Ramp Agents: Handle luggage, load/unload aircraft, service and clean aircraft, operate ground support equipment (GSE), marshal aircraft, assist passengers and perform other duties as assigned. Ramp agents work outdoors in a fast-paced airport environment and are expected to work as a team to meet corporate goals for on-time departures, baggage performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Gate Agents: Provide front-line customer service to passengers in the boarding area. Duties include creating and modifying flight itineraries, changing seat assignments, making boarding announcements, assisting passengers with special requests and needs, assisting passengers with luggage, and operating the passenger boarding bridge. Gate agents are expected to work as a team to meet corporate goals for on-time departures, baggage performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Cross-Trained Agents: are trained to perform the job functions of both a ramp agent and gate agent (see qualifications to the left). Cross-trained agents may also work the bag service office (BSO) and Ticket Counter.
- Holiday pay
- Sick time
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental and flexible spending)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) company match
- Profit sharing
- Pre-course online classes
- Classroom training
- On-the-job training (OJT)
Travel For Free
- Enjoy American
- Airlines industry-best, no-cost travel
- Immediate family members also fly for free
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer