DEFINITION At Center for Employment Training (CET),
we are driven to help those who want a better their life by acquiring the necessary skills that lead to a meaningful career. CET’s job training programs teach marketable skills to people of all educational levels and backgrounds, especially those most in need. CET is unique because it integrates job skills training along with support services and job placement assistance to ensure that our students succeed during and after their training. We believe that a job provides the dignity and self-sufficiency for every individual. CET’s mission is simple; we want to help lift people out of poverty and into a brighter future. To fill CET’s mission, the Outreach Specialist/Receptionist plays an important role in connecting prospective students to our programs. Prospective students might be looking for new skills training, change in a career or upgrading their skill sets; the Outreach Specialist/Receptionist will be able to advocate CET services and program offerings to these prospective students and promote the CET mission and initiatives in the accomplishment of the organization’s goals. Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of economic self-sufficiency! Apply today where you can make a difference!!!
1. Creates community partnerships that serve CET populations for cross referrals, including: Individuals Social Service Agencies Churches State Employment Offices, One Stops High Schools Other sites of potential recruitment
2. Develops and implements outreach and recruitment plans to meet enrollment goals.
3. Carries out outreach related duties as necessary. Outreach/Recruiter Specialist: Rev.
4. Strategically canvasses and visits sites in the community where potential CET students congregate.
5. Conducts outreach and community presentations at referral partner organizations or events (e.g., local high schools career days, community org job fairs, and other special events.
6. Connects potential students with multiple barriers with a skill training that will lead to gainful employment.
7. Identifies outside resources, programs and other services for potential students if needed. 8. As a liaison, develops and maintains open communication with potential students and the Admissions team.
9. As a liaison, develops and maintains open communication with referral partners, student prospects, and the Admissions team.
10.Maintains knowledge/professional understanding of the occupations/career paths related to the programs offered (for effective assessment of students as well as determining services most appropriate for their career goals.
11.As part of the broader Center recruitment and admissions process team, provides motivational support to students during the admissions process to including orientation workshops and presentations.
12.Works under the direction of the Center Director to ensure enrollment goals are met. 13.Ensures data entry, documentation, tracking, follow-up and reporting are completed in a timely manner.
1. Answer phones, provide tours and information regarding programs.
2. Greets students, staff and the public; determines needs and offers helpful information, direction or assistance as needed. Provides superior customer service.
3. Maintains a friendly professional and productive work environment (managing noise control) in the reception/front lobby/designated work area.
4. Performs standard clerical duties, filing, typing, faxing, ordering supplies and assisting in mail distribution as needed.
5. Provide orientations to potential students.
6. Enter data in data base system.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned