Old Town Community Church is made up of people who love Jesus and who are united around the same mission of bringing hope to Old Town and beyond through the truth of a timeless faith. We are a congregation of people from different places who have different church backgrounds. We are united in our belief that Jesus Christ is Lord and in our shared calling to bring the hope of Jesus to the world.
God is at work in our city. Our mission is to come alongside and join in this work.
We are excited to welcome a new member to our team that will ensure that our office operations are maintained and are executed effectively. The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office administration and procedures, ensuring staff, members and community members accessing ministry services are supported.
This is a part-time role, 20-25 hours per week. Initially, some onsite support, adhering to all relevant COVID-19 guidelines, will be needed. Once normal in-office work schedules are restored, there is possibility for some telework.
The successful candidate is an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting the needs of various stakeholders.
In this role, the ability to self-direct, take a project from general guidelines to implementation with little direction, and remain accountable for the completion of multiple tasks is imperative. It is critical to be comfortable with executing with ambiguity or emerging requirements and working with teammates or independently researching information to fill in the gaps. The ideal candidate is proactive in communicating challenges directly and with a desire to collaboratively problem-solve as to get things back on track.
Experience working on small, flexible teams is highly desired and will prove helpful in providing direct support to other team members.
- Oversee general office functions (telephone, supplies, church calendar)
- Manage payroll using ADP system.
- Administer the personnel group insurance plan.
- Maintain church database & files.
- Primary custodian of OTCC legal documents.
- Support OTCC’s communications initiatives (print, social media, website).
- Coordinate facility use by tenants and outside building users.
- Oversee OTCC Ministry Budget development process.
- Provide administrative support for the Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor.
- Ability to work well with staff, contractors, volunteers, church members and community members.
- Demonstrated experience working within various systems and applications designed to increase business efficiency, such as ADP, Dropbox, member/customer databases, etc.
- Membership at Old Town Community Church is preferred, but not required.