This driver serves and the supervisor of the company vehicle and is responsible for the loading and unloading of his company truck.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (include the following: Other duties may be assigned.)
• Assists in any capacity as directed by the crew leader on the assigned job or warehouse
• Performs pre-trip inspection of the truck assigned for noted damages, flat or worn tires, and travel worthiness.
• Assists in the preparation of vehicle before leaving warehouse to assure that all materials are placed on vehicle and that any defects are noted and all fluid levels are checked and taken care of.
• Drives the vehicles as required, from the warehouse to the job site.
• Possesses the ability to properly and safely lift, pack, load and unload the vehicle as required.
• Writes complete and accurate inventory of household contents, office goods or furniture when required.
• Provides leadership, guidance and organization to the crew so assigned work can be completed in an efficient manner compliant with company standards.
• Assists when necessary, with the proper and timely completion of warehouse work.
• Assists in truck inspection of fluid levels, damages, defective tires, for safe travel.
• Assists in vehicle preparation of moving materials /supplies at warehouse.
• Possesses the ability to pack, safely lift, load and unload vehicle.
• Writes legible and provide accurate inventory report of delivery goods.
- Write, speak and understand English
- Be able to pass a Background Check and Drug test
- Apply common sense understanding of written or oral instructions.
- The employee will need to be physically able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- In addition, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
- The employee will frequently lift and/or move more than 75 pounds & occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds (with the assistance of others and proper equipment.)
Interstate offers the following benefits:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid Training
- Company paid life insurance
- Health and dental insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- 401K contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Plus more!
- High school diploma (or GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s Licenses is required.
- DOT Card