Teaching Positions - Now Hiring for New Center in Alexandria, VA!
At Two Birds, we are inspired by the working parenthood community and by the concept of integrating work and life. We are the first company in the United States to offer fully licensed child care alongside coworking space. We are committed to ongoing innovation within the industry and to modernizing how childcare looks and operates. Two Birds is invested in incorporating quality care, technology, and a hands-on approach with its parents, children, and employees to redesign the traditional child care experience.
We are looking for someone who is not just passionate about teaching, but who is excited about working with our team to create the building blocks from within the classroom for Two Birds to implement an emergent Reggio-Emilia inspired approach.
1. Creating positive, welcoming, and nurturing environments for children and their families, including building relationships and engagement opportunities with families
2. Implementing a high quality, developmentally appropriate program that fosters community, inspires Reggio-Emilia based learning, and reflects our mission. A background in Reggio-Emilia teaching is not required.
3. Developing weekly lesson plans in accordance with curriculum guidelines and meeting, planning and collaborating regularly with team members
4. Documenting children’s learning and development and tracking their progress
5. Supporting children with daily routines such as eating, sleeping, and toileting
6. Participating in parent-teacher conferences and utilizing all tools to ensure effective ongoing communication with families
7. Participating in all required training and professional development opportunities
8. Maintaining a clean and safe learning environment in compliance with laws and regulations and maintaining records and compliance with Two Birds policies and procedures
1. Infant/Toddler CDA (for infants, toddlers or 2’s rooms) or Preschool CDA (for 3’s or 4’s rooms); or Bachelor’s or AA degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field
2. 2 years of experience within early childhood care and education
3. Interest in implementing new concepts to innovate and transform traditional childcare practices while maintaining adherence to licensure and quality programming
4. Meets minimum preparation, experience and/or any state required credentials to comply with all applicable state regulations
5. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package for full-time employees includes:
1. Medical, vision, dental
3. 401K plan
4. Free Coffee (and tea)
5. 13 PTO + 11 federal holidays
Hours: Full-time applicants must be able to work between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (shifts vary and are based on a 9-hour work day with a one hour lunch break).
Job Type: Full-time