The position pays $19.74/hr with benefits, FT (40 hours a week)
Under the direction of the Program Director provides case management, transitional employment services, career coaching, job placement, and support services to TANF recipients through a grant with the Virginia Department of Social Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Promote Melwood Vision, Mission and Values.
· Coordinates and provides services in cooperation with the local Departments of Human
· Provides counseling, guidance, life and employment skill services to assist participants in alleviating barriers to employment and economic
· Assists participants in preparing and implementing short term and long term goal plans.
· With a particular focus on life skills and personal development, works one-on-one with participants in order to prepare for long-term employment success and economic
· Assists participants in preparing resumes and cover letters in alignment with job market and career goals.
· Act as initial point of contact for obtaining referral information from VIEW program and schedules and completes intake with potential
· Collaborates with Workforce Specialist in preparing individuals for employment and providing the necessary job readiness, career preparation and work experience activities identified in the employment
· Works closely with community organizations and makes appropriate referrals as necessary.
· Facilitates periodic personal and professional development skills groups for program participants.
· Delivers presentations and information on disabilities and program services to new VIEW enrollees, weekly.
· Provides initial and ongoing assessment of participant abilities, needs, interests and work preferences.
· Provides SSI/SSDI application support.
· Administers and tracks participant customer satisfaction surveys.
· Assists participants in developing and implementing Career Development Plans (CDP), outlining employment goals and objectives.
· Fosters relationships with the business community and acts as a liaison between participant and employer.
· Provides initial and ongoing assessment of client abilities, needs, interests, and work preferences.
· Coordinates and provides the necessary job readiness supports, career preparation and work experience activities to meet the demands of the current job market and individual client interests, and assists clients in employment advancement efforts.
· Assesses for accommodations and worksite modifications, providing guidance and referrals as necessary.
· Manages participant incentives and materials and notifies project director of inventory needs.
· Ensures that services are provided in compliance with the grant and applicable laws and standards.
· Maintains client information and employment databases.
· Prepares required progress and outcomes reports in a timely manner.
· Maintains accurate, complete and confidential client case records.
· Other duties assigned