The Marketing Content and Proposal Specialist supports lead generation, capture, and opportunity pipeline development activities for the company and working with Interstate’s Marketing Director and business unit leaders to identify new business development opportunities and proposal responses.
This position is focused on driving growth across multiple lines of business and is responsible for developing and executing content marketing tactics that will get business development managers in target accounts. The responsibilities of this position include collecting, tracking, and reporting on inbound and outbound lead activity by business unit on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for writing, editing, and developing content for digital marketing campaigns.
- Meet with the sales, marketing, and design teams to ideate and define content goals.
- Research content and consumer trends to ensure relevant and appealing content.
- Develop content strategies to reach the desired target audience and marketing goals effectively.
- Create content for various platforms, including blogs, websites, email blasts and social media.
- Ensure that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented.
- Manage content calendars for two business units and ensure that the content remains consistent across all platforms.
- Coordinate with the marketing, design, and writing teams to ensure the timely delivery of assignments.
- Track consumer and content analytics and generate reports and presentations.
- Keep up to date with content trends, consumer preferences, and technological advancements.
- Coordinate and work tradeshows and events
- Work with sales to craft proposals and bid responses & be responsible for the upkeep of the proposal library
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS, TRAITS
- Exceptional people interaction skills and a “service” mentality toward internal and external customers
- Team player
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to gather, organize, interpret, and collate content and data from multiple sources
- Strong attention to detail with respect to accuracy, proofreading and accuracy
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external contributors and stakeholders of all levels in an organization.
- Strong understanding of content practices such as SEO, SMO, and PPC.
- The ability to keep abreast of content and consumer trends and advancements in technology.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe, Microsoft Dynamic CRM or similar preferred).
- Ability to travel locally within the DMV.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or other four-year degree; preferred degree in literature, journalism, marketing, communications, or similar field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in content creation, marketing, communications, or similar.
- A portfolio of published work.
- Previous experience in proposal writing is preferred.
Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend documents written in English to an above-average competency. Ability to support content curation and creation reports generation and general correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to internal or external clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure at an Intermediate to Advanced level. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands to finger and type. The employee must be able to hear well enough to communicate internally and externally. The employee must be able to see well enough to read written items and use a computer. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and stoop. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The working conditions are those of a normal office with the absence of disagreeable elements. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE, including disability/vets