Goodwin House Incorporated named Top Washington-Area Workplace by the Washington Post!
ABOUT GOODWIN HOUSE
Goodwin House has been uplifting the lives of older adults and those who care for them since 1967. Based in Northern Virginia, we are a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, committed to exceptional service and personalized care. Our family of services includes two senior living communities, an innovative continuing care at home program, health care services, hospice, home health services, rehabilitation therapy and the Goodwin House Foundation.
We are looking for a Utility Person who will be primarily responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness, sanitation, and order of the Dining Services Department according to departmental standards.
1. Collects and empties recycling, compostables, and trash into appropriate receptacles outside of the facility.
2. Breaks down boxes for recycling and places in proper area as needed.
3. Cleans and sanitizes trash containers in accordance with department guidelines.
4. Sweeps, mops and hoses kitchen areas regularly or as needed.
5. Collects and disposes of used kitchen grease according to proper handling procedures.
6. Performs detailed cleaning of facilities, appliances, and equipment as assigned to maintain departmental sanitation standards.
7. Supports other kitchen functions as needed, including receiving, food storage, food prep, dish machine, and meal service.
8. Contributes extensively toward achieving departmental goals and objectives.
9. Treats all persons with respect and is a “team player” within department and within organization.
10. Exercises discretion and independent judgment.
11. Projects positive professional image.
12. Takes responsibility for personal growth and learning.
13. Effectively uses resources and strives for efficiency.
14. Abides by department, personnel, and company policies and procedures.
15. Must meet regular and predictable attendance requirements. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
16. Performs additional job duties as assigned and directed.
WHY WORK FOR GOODWIN HOUSE?
We are proud to offer the following to Full-Time Staff and exceptional benefits for Part-Time Staff who meet eligibility requirements (*):
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- *Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application
- *Tuition Assistance
- *Paid Time Off
- *401(k) Plan
- *Fitness Center
- *Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- And More
Goodwin House provides a supporting and enriching work environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as an AARP Employer Pledge Signer.