Under the supervision of the Center Director, performs technical training instruction in the HVAC Specialist skill competencies: Orientation to Safety, Hand Tools, Piping Systems, Electricity, Heating Systems, AC Systems, Refrigerant Recovery, Ductwork, Basic Computer Skills, and Employability Skills. Provides administrative support as required and participates in planning and coordinating student activities; participates in promoting the CET mission and initiatives and in the accomplishment of the organization’s goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (May include, but not limited to, the following):
1. Conducts classroom instruction using a variety of techniques and approaches — small group, individual training, etc.—on a daily basis.
2. Develops and integrates skill competencies, goals and objectives into lesson plans; demonstrates effective teaching methods and techniques.
3. Integrates and applies vocational English to daily lesson plans and hands-on training for limited English speaking students.
4. Prepares written materials and handouts that are descriptive, well-organized and legible. 5. Provides job preparation, resume writing, interviewing techniques and job retention instruction; integrates “hidden labor market” strategies.
6. Conducts skill informational sessions for prospective and new applicants.
7. Utilizes dynamic instructional approaches to engage all students in learning activities and may access multi-media tools to enhance training.
8. Maintains a professional, well-organized and stimulating atmosphere in the classroom/shop which is conducive to learning.
9. Interacts with students, co-workers and supervisors in a positive, cooperative and professional manner, so as to demonstrate to students a model of expected behavior on the job. Manages student behavior in the classroom/shop.
10.Conducts individual advising sessions; motivates students toward greater achievement in skill work performance and in maintaining good attendance. Promotes “self-help” attitudes and positive self-images.
11.Evaluates students’ progress in accordance with established standards and criteria. 12.Conducts student follow-ups with Job (J) status students and graduates at the required intervals, and forwards information to the MIS Department.
13.Plans and coordinates guest speakers and industry tours that enhance employment opportunities for students.
14.Maintains relations with Industrial Advisory Board and Technical Team members. 15.Collaborates with staff to assess student and program needs; works as a unit team member for the guidance and development of every student.
16.Maintains confidential attendance records, student files, including progress reports that may be shared with sponsoring agents, complying with all federal and state laws regarding adherence to safeguards to protect confidential student data.
17.Utilizes software programs to analyze, process, record, retrieve and verify statistical data, and to prepare training materials.
18.Researches, evaluates, selects, and orders books, instructional aids, and equipment; maintains and secures required inventory.
19.Assists with planning and coordinating special projects and program events; participates in student recruitment activities and other CET initiatives.
20.Maintains technical skill knowledge by completing continuing education courses in his/her subject area, classroom management or other courses related to teaching as required. 21.Attends staff development trainings which may require overnight travel, as required. 22.Maintains good organization in the classroom or other work areas and adheres to safety standards. Conducts regular inspections of designated work areas and equipment and reports any hazardous or unsafe working conditions to their supervisor or safety committee. Works with other staff to conduct emergency disaster drills
23.Responds as the campus security authority as needed during a safety, security, emergency or disaster situation. 24.Performs other program related duties as required.