job of HR Generalist II (Benefits, Compensation, and Substitute
Employment) supports various components of human resources
administration, from tracking and documentation of benefits and related
pay to staffing support.
This job reports to Director of Compensation & Benefits.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Certificates & Licenses: HR Certification preferred.
Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in a professional services setting.
- Ability to manage multi-tasks/projects under tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Relevant work experience may be considered in-lieu-of education requirements.
all types of leave such as Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Short and
Long Term Child Care Leave, Leave of Absence, Personal and Family
Illness, Donated Leave and other federal, state, and ACPS leave laws and
policies to track and classify leave, and to comply with all legal
requirements. Maintains a variety of files and records to provide
documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
Leave without Pay and Short and Long Term Disability plan to ensure
employees receive benefits in timely and accurate manner, including
preparation of monthly disability invoice.
- Coordinates with Employee Relations regarding American Disability Act (ADA) as needed.
the Workers’ Compensation program to track employee’s leave, liaise
with third party administrator, and ensure that work restrictions are
- Prepares the Survey of Occupational Injuries and
Illness (OSHA 300/A) report annually and posts the report in accordance
with OSHA guidelines and reporting results to OSHA and Virginia
Department of Labor as necessary.
- Maintains HR email accounts
(HRBenefits) to track employee-initiated changes to HR/Payroll system
and respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits and other concerns.
back-up and support for Compensation and Benefits in HR/Payroll system
as needed. For example, input new employee information in HR/Payroll
system during major hiring efforts to ensure accurate and timely
delivery of pay and correct benefit plan enrollment.
- Maintains compensation and benefits communication materials on ACPS website, as needed.
- Updates HR forms and documents annually and as needed to ensure that the forms are complete and accurate.
Substitute Assignment Manager system and coordinates with school
administrators and administrative staff to ensure staff listings are
correct, absences are filled, and substitute pay is processed timely and
- Track long term substitute assignments to ensure pay is issued at correct rate and compliance with Code of Virginia.
a variety of written materials (e.g. reports, graphs and charts,
slides, etc.) to document activities, provide written reference and/or
convey information and assist in presentations in subject areas as
- Other duties as assigned.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.