Housekeeper – Nights / Alington Campus
Facilities Management is committed to providing a safe, functional, and clean community experience at George Mason University. Our team of resourceful professionals focus on drive and innovation across various trades and we are excited to have you join us. Mason Facilities promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace, and challenges our team members to evolve their professional skills and grow in their careers. We ensure a quality, physical environment supporting the mission of Mason.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Housekeeper, with supervision, performs general custodial services as directed on the campus. You will be vital to the success of George Mason’s mission by maintaining clean, sanitary, comfortable, and tidy spaces on campus. Your manager will trust you to get the job done.
- Cleans common areas, classrooms, hallways, and stairwells, moves and spot cleans furniture, shampoos carpets, strips, waxes, and buffs floors;
- Cleans offices and classrooms to include desks/furniture, dusts, vacuums, cleans window ledges, window glass, doors, white boards, and empty trash;
- Cleans and restocks bathrooms and removes trash daily. Reports all matters of safety to the appropriate supervisor;
- Communicates to Lead Housekeeper the need for additional cleaning supplies to maintain the appropriate level in respective housekeeping closets;
- Establishes and maintains a positive and operative working relationship with members of the department and the campus community;
- Effectively performs in a service environment;
- Follows all State, University, and departmental policies, procedures, and practices; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Monday – Friday, 9:30pm – 6:00am
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Some experience (generally one year of related work), or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- Ability to read, understand and abide by all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to read and follow cleaning instructions and schedules;
- Ability to practice effective oral communication skills with students, faculty and staff;
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision; and
- Ability to remain calm during stress periods.
- Experience in the use of mechanical cleaning equipment is preferred.
- Generous paid time off, including paid sick leave;
- Health/dental/vision benefits;
- Tuition exemption and professional development;
- Commuter Choice Transit Benefit;
- Virginia Retirement System Hybrid Plan; and
- Patriot Perks discounts to restaurants, events, and more!