Goodwin House Incorporated named Top Washington-Area Workplace by the Washington Post!
ABOUT GOODWIN HOUSE
Goodwin House has been uplifting the lives of older adults and those who care for them since 1967. Based in Northern Virginia, we are a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, committed to exceptional service and personalized care. Our family of services includes two senior living communities, an innovative continuing care at home program, health care services, hospice, home health services, rehabilitation therapy and the Goodwin House Foundation.
Goodwin House Incorporated a leading Life Plan Community located in northern VA is searching for a career minded, energetic, and organized individual to join their Environmental Services Team as a temporary Housekeeper. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for cleaning and sanitizing apartments, public areas, and facility restrooms, and/or other areas as assigned.
- Disposes of all trash, cleans trash rooms and receptacles.
- Cleans front entrance, floors, activity room, roof, and loading area regularly and in accordance with departmental cleaning procedures.
- Cleaning of hard surface and carpet throughout the community as one of the responsibilities
- Exercises care and proper handling procedures when using cleaning solutions and other hazardous chemicals.
- Sets up rooms for special events and activities by ensuring rooms are clean and furniture is arranged properly prior to the event; cleans rooms after events and arranges furniture properly.
- Accepts residents’ requests for specific cleaning activities and strives to fulfill requests as appropriate.
- Assists residents and departmental offices with arranging furniture, transporting items to and from storage, and other housekeeping activities as requested.
- Assists with cleaning resident apartments as requested.
- Coordinates sales by gathering items for sale and setting up displays.
- Washes and cleans wheelchairs, gerichairs, windows, blinds, screens, vents, and lights as needed.
- Transports soiled and clean linens to and from Nursing Unit and Laundry.
WHY WORK FOR GOODWIN HOUSE?
We are proud to offer the following to Full-Time Staff and exceptional benefits for Part-Time Staff who meet eligibility requirements (*):
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- *Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application
- *Tuition Assistance
- *Paid Time Off
- *401(k) Plan
- *Fitness Center
- *Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- And More
Goodwin House provides a supporting and enriching work environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as an AARP Employer Pledge Signer.