Goodwin House Incorporated named Top Washington-Area Workplace by the Washington Post!
ABOUT GOODWIN HOUSE
Goodwin House Incorporated is a 5-star, faith-based, nonprofit Life Plan Community with locations in Alexandria, Virginia and Falls Church, Virginia, and Home and Community Services that serve people outside the Life Plan Communities. GHI is known for its integrity, innovation and excellence in caring for older adults along life’s continuum, growth opportunities, and benefits.
Position is primarily responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in monitoring departmental activities and ensuring apartments and facilities are clean and attractive.
WHY WORK FOR GOODWIN HOUSE?
We are proud to offer the following to Full-Time Staff and exceptional benefits for Part-Time Staff who meet eligibility requirements (*):
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- *Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application
- *Tuition Assistance
- *Paid Time Off
- *401(k) Plan
- *Fitness Center
- *Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- And More
Goodwin House provides a supporting and enriching work environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1. Assists with supervising and ensuring apartments and facilities are clean and sanitized according to department procedures.
2. Monitors for and ensures safety measures and proper handling procedures are followed in the use of hazardous chemicals and cleaning solutions.
3. Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas and/or resident apartments according to department Guidelines.
4. Assists in setting up rooms for special events and activities by ensuring rooms are clean and furniture is arranged properly prior to the event; cleans rooms after events and arranges furniture properly as needed.
5. Responsible for daily stocking of supply carts. Responsible for setting up weekend carts.
6. Ensures adequate availability of supplies needed and that carts are clean and organized.
7. Ensures that chemical solution bottles are filled and properly labeled.
8. Trains new employees in proper department procedures and provides annual re-training as needed.