Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by Chef or Manager on Duty.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
• At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
• Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.