The Client Services and Business Development Manager will lead capture and opportunity pipeline development activities for the company and provide full life cycle management and support of the proposal response, in close collaboration with moving, relocation and logistics business unit leaders and their teams. This position is focused on driving growth across our multiple lines of business and is responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities originating from a variety of electronic RFP/bid/procurement opportunity sources, participating in needs assessments, leading the creation of solution recommendations and the development of oral and written solution presentations, written proposal responses and other business development collateral, as needed. The incumbent will lead and/or participate in team selling presentations, and will play a key role in achieving a common understanding of solutions to complex problems among executive and senior-level decision-makers with diverse viewpoints. The incumbent is also expected to assess unusual situations for business development opportunities, interpret data using statistical and visual modeling methods and independently develop action plans for addressing these opportunities. The ideal candidate is someone who is a self-starter, intellectually curious, thrives under pressure and enjoys a collaborative work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Manage the full life cycle of the proposal response process, from identification and analysis of RFPs to final production and submission of proposals.
- Research, query and continuously monitor industry publications, electronic RFP/bid/procurement government and other commercial opportunity sources, along with attending industry events as a company representative, for identifying potential new business development opportunities in moving, relocation and logistics.
- Form and manage proposal response teams, by meeting with internal colleagues at all levels of the organization, and assigning tasks and completion dates as necessary and appropriate. The incumbent will schedule regular check-ins and provide relevant coaching as needed.
- Review the work of cross-functional team members. on the proposal team for accuracy, relevancy and completeness
- Assist the capture team with the identification and recruitment of service providers and contractors required for a successful bid submission.
- Lead and/or participate in, as necessary and appropriate, team-selling presentations of proposal submissions to external clients. The incumbent will play a key role in achieving a common understanding of solutions to complex problems among executive and senior-level decision-makers with diverse viewpoints.
- Register new business development opportunities in the company’s CRM database; monitor, note and report on wins, losses and no-decisions using CRM reporting and analytics tools.
- Produce and present client management (e.g., client and/or company activity) reports on a periodic basis, with an interpretation of findings and recommendations for future action.
- Create, manage and maintain a companywide proposal library, to include previous RFPs, RFP submissions and proposals.
- Collaborate on the development of engaging and informative business development content, ensuring consistent tone, voice, perspective and alignment with brand guidelines and standards.
- Perform market and competitive analyses in targeted geographies/markets/industries to identify new business development opportunities. The incumbent is expected to assess unusual situations, interpret data using statistical and visual modeling methods (e.g., regression analysis, flowcharts, diagrams, etc.) and independently develop action plans for addressing these opportunities.
- Support management initiatives and requests as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS, TRAITS.
- Exceptional people interaction skills and a “service” mentality toward internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated and possess a thorough understanding of winning strategies.
- Possess excellent project management and time management skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to gather, organize, interpret and collate data from multiple sources.
- Strong strategic thinking and sales skills are also critically important, along with a keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and motivate others to work effectively in a dynamic, less structured, deadline-driven environment that requires interaction with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience leading the development of marketing communications material, proposals or grants.
- Proven strong project management, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Experience performing market and competitive analyses, using statistical and data analytics tools and best practices.
- Experience working in international/cross-cultural environment highly desirable.
- Business development experience (e.g., presenting proposals and negotiating with existing and prospective clients).
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with respect to accuracy, proofreading and accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what is necessary to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external contributors and stakeholders of all levels in an organization.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe, sales force automation (MS CRM preferred).
- Ability to travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors or other four-year degree; preferred degree in marketing, business administration, communications or technical field required.
Minimum four to six years of marketing, business/capture development, account management experience in B2B, B2G, and/or B2C (preference to Transportation, Relocation, Logistics, Real Estate, industry background).
Ideal candidate may have possessed experience in proposal or grant writing and advanced knowledge of the various procedures and paperwork required for opportunity qualification, contract negotiations and procurement.
Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend documents written in English to an above average competency. Ability to support proposal writing, reports generation, and general correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to internal or external clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure at an Intermediate to Advanced level. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger and type. The employee needs to be able to hear well enough to communicate both internally and externally. The employee must be able to see well enough to read written items and use a computer. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and stoop. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The working conditions are those of a normal office with the absence of disagreeable elements.