VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
We are seeking an experienced Client Service Representative to join our team at VCA Old Town Animal Hospital in Alexandria, VA. We are an AAHA accredited, six doctor practice treating dogs, cats, small mammals and exotics. We are seeking someone who is client focused and pet centered to help us deliver consistent high quality client service and patient care to our community. At VCA Animal Hospitals, we take our mission statement – your pet’s health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal – very seriously. With every opportunity, we aim to exceed each pet owner’s expectations. We’re looking for a personable yet highly professional “service extraordinaire” to join us in delivering our mission to our clients and their pets.
As the face of VCA, the Client Service Representative sets the tone for the practice as we build and maintain each customer's trust and confidence in our abilities. The CSR is the pivot around which the hospital operates and is responsible for: We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms.
• Scheduling and confirming appointments.
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients.
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments.
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions.
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control).
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
• Hospital maintenance (including removal of animal waste) and ensuring that facility is neat and clean at all times—both inside and outside.