Discovery Learning Time, one of our metro accessible Child Care Center and Preschool is growing and we are looking to add additional assistant teacher's to our team! Candidates must be enthusiastic and love working with young children (6 weeks - 5 years old). Background check including fingerprinting required!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist Lead Teacher in maintaining records on each child’s progress and development for the purpose of planning and compliance with program standards
- Participate in staff meetings, center activities, and staff development.
- Assist Lead Teacher in reviewing the progress of each child and developing written plans to promote each child’s growth and development.
- Maintain a well-organized, safe and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
- Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline.
- Observe each child daily to assess skills, interests, and needs and use this information to facilitate learning and growth.
- Establish a positive relationship with each child’s family and share information about the child’s day at the Center.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.