The Class A CDL Driver serves as the supervisor of the company vehicle and is responsible for the loading and unloading of company trucks, assisting movers carrying material to the truck, and delegating proper loading of the boxes, furniture, and/or office equipment into the vehicle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (include the following - other duties may be assigned)
- Assists in any capacity as directed by the crew leader on the assigned job or warehouse.
- Performs pre-trip inspection of the truck assigned for noted damages, flat or worn tires, and travel worthiness.
- Assists in the preparation of vehicle before leaving warehouse to assure that all materials are placed on vehicle and that any defects are notated, and all fluid levels are checked and taken care of.
- Drives the vehicles as required, from the warehouse to the job site.
- Possesses the ability to properly and safely lift, pack, load and unload the vehicle as required.
- Writes complete and accurate inventory of household contents, office goods or furniture when required.
- Provides leadership, guidance and organization to the crew so assigned work can be completed in an efficient manner compliant with company standards.
- Assists, when necessary, with the proper and timely completion of warehouse work.
- Assists in truck inspection of fluid levels, damages, defective tires, for safe travel.
- Assists in vehicle preparation of moving materials /supplies at warehouse.
- Possesses the ability to pack, safely lift, load and unload vehicle.
- Writes legible and provide accurate inventory report of delivery goods.
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and the drug test
- The employee will need to be physically able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. In addition, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance
- The employee will frequently lift and/or move more than 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds with the assistance of others and proper equipment
- High school diploma (or GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Valid Class A CDL License
- Must have a clean driving record
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- 401 (k) and company paid contributions
- Employee wellness program, including gym reimbursement, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer matching contribution
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Service awards and recognition
- Recruitment and customer referral bonuses
EOE, including disability/vets