The engineer selected for this position will be responsible for all elements of the design for complex and challenging land development and infrastructure projects in the built and natural environment on federal government sites. This may include site development, storm water management, environmental permitting, utility service infrastructure and pump station design. The candidate will provide mentoring of design staff, including engineers and designers. The candidate will be responsible for providing team leadership, coordinating with other disciplines, client contact, and client satisfaction.
Thinking both creatively and logically to develop complex design and development solutions is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Registered Professional Engineer in Virginia or reciprocity within 3 months of start date
- Some travel required
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a security clearance
- 9+ years of experience in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully use AutoCAD Civil 3D required , MicroStation and InRoads software experience preferred
- Experience with Federal, state and local government regulations related to civil design
- Ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with DC, Maryland and Virginia storm water regulations
Wiley|Wilson is a full-service architecture-engineering firm, specializing in creating innovative and functional design solutions for our government, institutional, and private-sector clients around the world. Our diverse mix of projects, generous benefits, and focus on professional growth provides a truly unique opportunity for you to elevate your career.
As a 100-percent employee-owned company, our 170+ employees share a stake in our success through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The ownership model, coupled with our focus on service and engagement, creates a distinct company culture. Wiley|Wilson has offices in Alexandria, Lynchburg, Richmond, VA; Raleigh, NC; and Atlanta, GA.
- EOE/AAP, M/F/Disability/Covered Veteran, Drug Free Workplace
- A182 (Civil - Project Engineer 2)