Specific responsibilities of the Busser include:
• Promptly cleans and resets tables after each guest's departure.
• Offers assistance to guests by clearing away dishes and glassware, and refills beverages.
• Prepares coffee and iced tea to help team members serve guests.
• Assists with Guest needs as they arise, including but not limited to the below mentioned cleaning expectations:
• Checks cleanliness of the busstand from previous shift and notifies Manager of any problems. Sets up the busstand, restocks and prepares busstand for shift change and/or close.
• Checks high chairs and booster seats for cleanliness when resetting tables.
• Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift including taking out trash as needed.
Additional specific requirements for the Busser include:
• Must be able to read menu items
• Must be able to clearly communicate guest needs to other Team Members (Servers, Door Person, Bartender or Manager)
• Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests
• Must be able to lift and carry sacks, cases, and bus tubs of up to 70 lbs, up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in freezer
• Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe frequently
• Must be able to stand and walk during entire shift