Responsible for developing, implementing, executing and managing strategic business development initiatives for the logistics business unit, in the healthcare and related life sciences sectors. This individual leads business development initiatives in order to meet company targets for business unit growth, retention and profitability in commercial business markets and service deliverables by the moving and logistics division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and lead business development initiatives and communications, in collaboration with the marketing department and logistics senior management, which are consistent with the company’s overall growth strategy.
- Develop and manage business development pipeline, along with creating and managing direction, evaluation and execution of RFIs, RFPs, RFQs in collaboration with marketing and business unit senior management. This includes needs analysis of potential clients, sales and technical presentations, proposals, pricing, contract negotiations and account strategies for client penetration and retention.
- Close new business opportunities by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Work with other business unit leaders to assist development of lead generation and sales strategy and work with logistics senior management to create budget plans, in coordination with finance.
- Create administration and relevant reporting and planning systems pertaining to sales activities.
- Networking through attendance, participation, contributions and active engagement in and with business, trade and professional organizations in pursuit of achieving business unit, professional and self-development goals.
- Maintains consistent follow-up on pending proposals and maintains information in CRM software, in addition to all sales and marketing activities. Maintains updated account profiles to assure proper billing.
- Prepares necessary documentation in order to submit work orders for registration, working with the customer service support team.
- Responds and follows-up on customer questions and issues prior to, during, and after project implementations. Assists in resolution of billing, claims, or collection issues as requested.
- Achieves performance standards (monthly, quarterly, annually) as mutually established with VP of Residential Services and Commercial Services.
- Maintains in advance and updates calendar of appointments activities, etc. in CRM software. Regularly monitors e-mail and voice mail for customer and company communications.
- Submits required sales and expense reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attends all sales meetings, conferences, training seminars, and trade shows as required.
- Assures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including HIPAA requirements, along with company policies and procedures.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS, TRAITS.
- Demonstrated achievement in B2B sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations.
- Innovation and problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and propose business solutions for clients.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to gather, organize, interpret and collate content and data from multiple sources.
- Strong attention to detail with respect to accuracy, proofreading and accuracy.
- Industry knowledge preferred, with the ability to become an industry thought leader.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum requirement in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint of Beginner Level (Intermediate Level or higher preferred). Minimum keyboard skill level of 40 wpm.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business administration, communications, marketing or related technical field preferred.
Minimum four to six years of experience in B2B sales as an individual contributor.
Ideal candidate will possess industry experience in healthcare and related life sciences.
Experience in moving and logistics a plus.
LANGUAGE and COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents written in English to an above average competency, such as requests for proposals, agreements, bid solicitations, scopes of work, rules, operating and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and customer correspondence. Strong ability to speak effectively before individuals and groups of people (e.g., customers or employees of organization), along with the ability to present complex solutions to customer problems in a way that is simple and easy to understand.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
To be determined
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.