• Always living the Magnoia’s Values
• Take responsibility for your development and actively work to improve the performance of your team through one on one meetings and constructive feedback.
• Perform under pressure when the shift is challenging by keeping calm, being positive and helping to keep the team fired up
• Be a confident leader who is willing and able to learn things quickly and stay up to date with changes in the business.
Managing Work Relationships
• Promotes and celebrate successes individually when staff do well on shift.
• Creates a supportive and encouraging culture during and on shift.
• Supports and keeps team engaged by upholding standards and holding everyone equally accountable.
• Actively listens to the thoughts and concerns of team members to improve the restaurant environment.
• Works collaboratively with staff and management team to deliver excellent standards and Guest service.
• Seeks to build networks with suppliers that directly and positively impact the restaurant.
• Adapts coaching and feedback in different situations and with different people to get the best result.
As Manager on Duty you are accountable for completing all tasks relating to your shift. This includes pre-shift, line check, cash management and facility management as well as the resolution of all people and Guest related matters:
Lead Your Team…
• Create a pipeline of future leaders by effectively hiring, training, coaching, and developing your people to take on additional responsibility.
• Responsible for conducting pre-shift meetings and making sure each team member has the resources and support needed to do their job well.
• Ensure all aspects of the people pillar are implemented inclusive of coaching Restaurant Managers when they are responsible for the managing the people area of responsibility.
• Consistently communicate disciplinary actions as required to ensure accountability to Nando's standards and policies.
• Establishes goals and action plans with Restaurant Managers and staff to help drive results.
• Communicate in a clear, effective, and professional way to staff, Guests, and peers to navigate and resolve situations with staff and guests.
• Engage with guests and team members to develop relationships and create lasting connections..
• Partner with Upper Management to conduct one-on-ones with the Hourly Staff, Trainers, and Shift Leaders.
• Oversee the performance and development of the Trainers and Shift Leads by giving real time feedback and coaching.
Manage Your Business…
• Display complete knowledge and ownership of food safety and operational standards to ensure and safe guest and Magnolia's experience.
• Ensure all aspects of the product and place pillar areas of responsibility are implemented and managed to standard inclusive of coaching restaurant managers who are responsible for either area.
• Ensure positive guest service and coach up on issues that might impact the Guest experience.
• Place all orders by utilizing the order guides by monitoring daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
• Receive all orders against the invoice, checking for temperatures, correct quantities and expire dates, and implementing FIFO. Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly inventory checks and respond to product recalls.
• Monitor and maintain speed of service standards and gathering information from the team and Guests (food, labor, sales, and Guest satisfaction) to identify opportunities and consistently improve service.
• Conduct shift handover recording all issues, events, and important information in the Manager log.
• Partner with the Upper Manager to communicate financial related metrics and targets to Restaurant Managers and team members and updating them on weekly performance.
• Collaborate with the Upper Manager, interpreting, forecasting, and managing the financial side of the restaurant and considering factual data such as month end reports (P&L) to make decisions.
(Willing to train the right candidate with no experience! ) Apply today!!