• Assists with managing and coordinates, and prepares food, and ensures quality and consistency of products are followed.
• Monitors and ensures that the preparing and plating of food to customers follow established recipes and standards established by the restaurant.
• Assists with and assigns work to kitchen staff to ensure productivity by conducting daily line-up to communicate quality executions.
• Monitors food inventory, maintains par levels and assists with and in absence of manager makes appropriate orders in accordance with company standards.
• Assist with conducting inventory, maintains par levels of product and in absence of manager places orders for food and small wares as needed.
• Ensures compliance with company operating procedures, as well as applicable regulatory agencies.
• Monitors and ensures proper storing, labeling and rotation of food items and supplies.
• Monitors and ensures that temperature logs are completed and maintained along with all other daily records and reports.
• Assists with recruiting, selecting, promoting and training of associates and other status changes as needed.
• Maintains effective communication and positive staff and management relations.
• Checks and maintains equipment in accordance with established operating procedures and notifies manager when equipment is not operating properly and needs to have maintenance.
• Follows and monitors safe food handling, cleaning and sanitizing of equipments, proper hygiene practices and workplace safety standards for operating a unit.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Position makes recommendations with respect to assigned unit to upper level management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires a working knowledge of large quantity food preparation methods and procedures, record keeping, food safety, kitchen sanitation, and guest service. Must have sufficient communication skills to project a positive image and convey basic information to staff. Basic knowledge and skilled in operation, maintaining and cleaning kitchen equipment. Requires the ability to read and understand written directions and recipes and to calculate weights and measurements. Must be able to learn, understand, and apply safety and sanitation regulations.
Requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, and stoop. Requires sustained lifting of light to medium (under 25 pounds) and occasional lifting of heavy objects up to 50 pounds. Requires the ability to handle hot material and work in an environment dominated by wide temperature extremes. Requires sufficient hand coordination to use kitchen utensils and equipment and move and position hot material.
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of technical or culinary program or training, or equivalent of 2-4 years of demonstrated kitchen or food service experience in a leadership role. Must be able to obtain ServSafe Food Safety certification.
(Willing to train the right candidate with no prior Experience!!!!) Apply Today!