ABOUT GOODWIN HOUSE
Goodwin House has been uplifting the lives of older adults and those who care for them since 1967. Based in Northern Virginia, we are a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, committed to exceptional service and personalized care. Our family of services includes two senior living communities, an innovative continuing care at home program, health care services, hospice, home health services, rehabilitation therapy and the Goodwin House Foundation.
This position is allocated for 20 hours per week to Goodwin House Foundation and 20 hours per week to Goodwin House Incorporated. The Administrative Assistant is critical to the operations of the Home Office/Strategy Team and Foundation Team. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Foundation, and primarily for the Chief Philanthropy Officer, and members of GHI senior leadership. The Executive Assistant, by virtue of his/her office and responsibilities will see, handle, and at times be asked to respond to confidential information; he/she will at all times comply with the confidentiality and privacy codes of the organization.
Goodwin House Foundation Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical support to Chief Philanthropy Officer and Director of Individual Giving
- Provide assistance with Board and Committee meetings, especially with written and emailed communications
- Coordinate cultivation and solicitation events, preparing pre-event reports and post-event follow-up, including action items and attendance
- File all office correspondence and create constituent files as needed;
- Assist Director of Stewardship with ongoing database projects such as updating constituent records as well as other projects including coding constituents, entering in new information
- Coordinate all office mailings for successful distribution
- Order office supplies as needed
- Assist other members in the office as needed for committee meetings, constituent meetings, special events and deadlines.
GHI/Home Office Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedules appointments, meetings and conference calls, often requiring complex coordination of schedules of multiple outside parties; familiarity with scheduling virtual meetings via Zoom, GoToMeeeting, and Microsoft Teams.
- Makes business travel and lodging reservations as required.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail. Screens and sorts mail to assure that correspondence requiring immediate attention is brought quickly to the attention of appropriate senior leadership.
- Completes monthly credit card reconciliation for key leadership positions.
- Orders office supplies as needed; oversees mail distribution; the proper functioning, usage and maintenance of office equipment; contact with outside vendors and service personnel; and approval for payment of related accounts.
- Develops and maintains a professional and well-organized filing system for official corporate records and other corporate office filing, both paper and electronic.
- Composes and sends various types of internal and external paper and electronic communications; edits and/or processes correspondence, records, and forms as requested.
- Performs additional job duties as assigned and directed
WHY WORK FOR GOODWIN HOUSE?
We are proud to offer the following to Full-Time Staff and exceptional benefits for Part-Time Staff who meet eligibility requirements (\*):
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Fitness Center
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- And More
Goodwin House provides a supporting and enriching work environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as an AARP Employer Pledge Signer.