Post a Resume
Post a Job
4001 Nebraska Ave NW
Washington, AL 20016
Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
NBC Washington is looking for a visuals producer to create original maps, diagrams, charts and other creative story forms for our digital, mobile and social platforms. The visuals producer will be responsible for designing and producing rich media landing pages and content for all of NBC Washington's digital platforms and a variety of our online franchises — including, but not limited to — our investigative and consumer reports, in-depth features and special event coverage. This position will also be responsible for production of other digital content as assigned.
The right candidate should be a self-starter, part geek, part artist and full of story ideas, every day. The visuals producer should have excellent people skills and team orientation, and be comfortable working on an in-depth investigation of nuclear waste or the quirky viral talker story of the day. The candidate should have a sophisticated eye for visual opportunities, a strong portfolio that is full of original, beautifully designed visual stories and the drive to do ambitious work.
• Pitch, design and build innovative rich media experiences to enhance our online presentation
• Explore new and innovative storytelling devices
• Build immersive presentations, interactives, explainers, timelines and other visual storytelling assets
• Collaborate with TV reporters and producers to create information graphics to enhance their stories online
• Work with the director of integrated media to oversee all visual aspects of NBC Washington’s digital platforms, including content created by the digital staff
• Create and maintain special coverage sections, series and feature pages
• Communicate with broadcast team on promotable digital content inside of newscasts
• Provide performance analysis to make informed decision on future projects
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work all shifts as required by news and events.
• Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• A Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Data Visualization, Communications, Journalism or related field or equivalent experience
• At least 2 years of experience producing graphics/data visualizations for digital platforms
• Experience working with a complex Content Management System (CMS) or web-publishing software
• Proficiency with both using charting software such as Datawrapper, and visualization libraries such as D3
• Proficiency with mapping software such as Carto, Leaflet, QGIS
• Proficiency with data analysis software such as Excel, Open Refine
• Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and basic design principles such as color, typography, hierarchy.
• Experience with back-end languages and libraries such as Python, PHP, node.js, react.js
• Proficient in use of social media
• Strong news and headline writing skills; proficiency in AP writing style
• Outstanding communication skills
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for digital attention
• Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
4001 Nebraska Ave NW
Washington DC 20016
View All Jobs From This Employer
Copyright © 2014
All Rights Reserved.