Post a Resume
Post a Job
Trash Truck CDL Driver
8390 Terminal Road Suite D
Lorton, VA 22079
Transportation & Warehousing
Security Clearance Required
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Driver Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste, recycling material, yard waste and bulk trash items.
• Ability to understand and comprehend Department of Transportation (DOT) Rules and Regulations.
• Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
• Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
• Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
• Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Adhere and follow company’s required rules and regulations outlined in company’s Driver/Helper Safety Manual.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
• Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts, which requires following basic safety precautions.
• The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent cold, hot, wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration; noise level is usually moderate.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement.
• Must pass and possess a required DOT medical care card.
• Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English; high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of all related DOT rules and regulations.
• Knowledge and understanding of recycling, hazardous and municipal waste material.
• Knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
• Wear safety attire (high-visibly uniform, steel toe shoes, safety belt).
• Adhere to safety requirements (drug testing, random drug testing, pre-employment background check, no cellular phone calls, no smoking, etc.).
• Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
8390 Terminal Road Suite D Suite D
Lorton VA 22079
View All Jobs From This Employer
Copyright © 2014
All Rights Reserved.