Post a Resume
Post a Job
Social Engagement Strategist (Online Community Manager)
American Red Cross
8550 Arlington Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22031
Healthcare & Social Assistance
Security Clearance Required
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Social Engagement, the Senior Social Engagement Strategist supports and carries out the social strategy of the Red Cross.
The successful candidate for this position will have a social media background rooted in public relations or related field with a proven track record in the use of social media to drive organizational goals.
The successful candidate will mix business acumen with a humanitarian sensibility and possess the ability to collaborate across a highly complex organization.
• Coordinate and manage “grey sky” (disaster) social engagement operations, including content strategy and development, staff/volunteer coordination and communication, and national headquarters standard operating procedures for social media in emergency/disaster response.
• Serve as organization’s subject matter expert and primary lead for online community management, including social media strategy, engagement and customer care.
• Serve as field liaison, providing guidance, recommendations and training to field communicators on social media policies and best practices.
• Develop, manage and deliver handbooks and internal and external presentations on social engagement philosophy, strategies and best practices for business units, chapters and external audiences.
• Participate in regular team and department meetings related to ongoing social engagement efforts.
• Work collaboratively across organization to develop innovative social strategies to support business goals.
• Engage daily with the public on Red Cross social platforms to answer questions, address issues and thank customers and donors.
• Work with Communications Department leadership to offer advice and counsel during reputation management issues and work with department leadership to help mitigate issues in the social space.
• Provide periodic coverage of national media line with additional possibility of serving as a subject matter expert for media and others to address various social engagement inquiries.
• Position may occasionally be called to physically deploy to areas of Red Cross disaster response.
The Red Cross is searching for a dynamic, creative and polished individual to fill this role.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business or related field, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in social engagement, public relations and/or emergency management.
Proficiency and proven success using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and others to achieve a business goal is essential. Preference will be given to candidates with experience using recognized social media management tools such as Radian6/Social Studio, Hootsuite, Crimson Hexagon, or other platforms to provide actionable insights in a business environment. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to relate to the public in an engaging, compelling and compassionate way through social platforms and social content.
Other qualifications include:
•Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
•Strong organization and project management skills.
•Strong understanding of using data to drive content strategy.
•Familiarity with and commitment to the Red Cross mission.
•Both an independent problem solver and a natural team player.
•Ability to handle occasional irregular and weekend hours during active Red Cross disaster operations.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a remote opportunity. Ideal candidate will be located in the DC Metro area or be able to relocate to the area on their own and will be comfortable commuting into the DC offices.
American Red Cross
8550 Arlington Blvd
Fairfax VA 22031
View All Jobs From This Employer
Copyright © 2014
All Rights Reserved.