Post a Resume
Post a Job
Senior Auditor II
Manassas, VA 20110
Professional, Scientific Services
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Security Clearance Required
From $60,000 To $65,000
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Under general supervision and acting on own initiative and direction, provides operational and technical support to assist Reed & Associate personnel, clients, and business associates of complex details and advanced job-related duties. Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature and requiring a broad working knowledge of the industry’s practices and polices.
Specific duties are listed below but are not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of responsibilities that are or may later be assigned. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management. The employee is expected to perform any duties required by the Firm to insure its successful operation.
• Perform audit or accounting procedures with appropriate work papers. Requires travel to client’s sites including overnight stays.
• Establish and maintain client relationships; includes periodic assistance with routine accounting issues.
• Assist in developing and directing day-to-day performance of the engagement plan.
• Ensure work papers are accurate, review financial statements, and prepare and obtain approval of audit reports.
• Delegate engagement tasks to appropriate team members.
• Coach and mentor new employees as assigned.
• Prepare engagement letter, time budget, evaluation of internal controls, audit planning form, financial materiality and risk assessment, audit work program, and appropriate sections of engagement checklist.
• Facilitates communication and coordination between teams of the Department.
• Maintain communication with managers and partners to ensure work process is continuing in an organized, efficient and professional manner.
• Taking an interest in administrative activities: staff evaluations, performance reviews, recruiting and developing office policy.
Monthly / Quarterly:
• Maintain accurate records of time and expenses to ensure proper billing of clients.
• Maintain awareness and understanding of developments in the accounting/auditing field and in client industries.
Annually / Special Responsibilities
• Comply with relevant Continuing Professional Education requirements of the AICPA, State Board of Accountancy, Governmental Accounting Standards, Government Auditing Standards, and the Firm.
• Attend seminars or trade shows as requested.
• Perform special projects or other duties as needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• A qualified accountant or consultant with at least 4-5 years experience in various audit and financial management/consulting services that include, but are not limited to: financial audits; financial related audits; performance audits – including economy, efficiency and program audits; transportation audits; and audit related training services. Overnight travel is required. Must pass US Government background/security clearance.
EOE - Minorities and Females are encouraged to apply
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or economics.
• Continuing professional education must be in accordance with GAGAS.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience performing services in accordance with the Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
• A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
Copyright © 2014
All Rights Reserved.