Post a Resume
Post a Job
Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) Instructor
American Red Cross
Alexandria, VA 22311
Healthcare & Social Assistance
Security Clearance Required
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
We are currently seeking a Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) Instructor. This is a Part-Time position based in our Alexandria, VA office with variable hours. We are looking for someone who can teach on average 3-4 days per week (7:30am-3:30pm) during Monday-Friday and ideally also help out occasionally with evening and weekend classes when needed.
Provides instruction and certification in the Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) program; primary responsibility includes planning, teaching and evaluating course participants in the classroom and clinical skills performance, leading to successful completion of the program. The instructor will provide a quality program that meets state regulations and compliance standards as well as meet the expectations for the course participants.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, coordinates, manages and directs the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting training experience for students
• Evaluates interpersonal skills, technical skills, and knowledge base of students in classroom, skill lab and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure student performance
• Maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations and American Red Cross policy
• Responsible for efficient and effective use of all supplies and materials maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction and documenting replacement needs
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with clinical sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe learning environment for students
• Completes and submits course records and reports in a timely manner, meeting required deadlines.
• Meets 100% compliance for record keeping and program delivery requirements
• Engages in regular effective communications with students, staff, and other stakeholders regarding programmatic changes and quality management issues.
• Supports program completion activities such as graduation, recognition ceremonies and student development activities as requested
• Remains current on state regulations and training standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to successfully complete appropriate instructor training as required by American Red Cross and the state. Experience with adult education preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
•Unrestricted, current RN license for the State of Virginia required
•2 years experience as an RN in the past 5 years; 1 year experience in long term care
•Satisfactory completion of a course for teaching adults, such as a Train-the-Trainer for Nurse Aide instructors, or experience teaching adults or high school students
American Red Cross
Alexandria VA 22311
View All Jobs From This Employer
Copyright © 2014
All Rights Reserved.