Tysons , VA 22102
Application Closing Date
Security Clearance Required
BTS Software Solutions has an immediate and urgent need for a Developer-Software Engineer. This position will be responsible for providing system architect, design and development support as a member of a development and O&&M Team. The team is responsible for providing operations/maintenance and new development support for the commercial off the shelf (COTS) tool. The team provides functionality to support product acquisition and asset management business processes. The project is an implementation of Maximo, which is tailored to the specific needs and integrated with other business systems.
The primary goal of the project is to improve the IT asset tracking and provide and provide data for auditable financial statements. To meet this purpose, the team manages the development, implementation, and support of enterprise IT application.
BTS Software Solutions is seeking a Developer-Software Engineer to support and assist with the development/O&&M activities associated with the implementation of the program. The program utilizes Agile methodology. We are seeking development assistance from individuals who are creative, team players, who have demonstrated knowledge, experience, and capabilities to produce high quality IT products.
The Developer-Software Engineer will be responsible for working with other Program Developers to integrate the product with other proprietary applications and/or backend fulfillment systems as required. The Developer-Software Engineer will also be responsible for developing and implementing Maximo which is the foundation for the project. The Developer-Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and integrating mobile devices with the Maximo application. The Developer-Software Engineer will be responsible for developing plans for project releases that cover project inception through delivery and on-going operational maintenance. The Developer-Software Engineer will be expected to analyze and solve complex application development problems; review other software developer’s work products for correctness, adherence to the project design concept and user standards. The Developer-Software Engineer consults with clients to develop complex user requirements; Translates user requirements from a formal requirements document into an application and/or database design; Writes interfaces to companion applications or database.
The Developer-Software Engineer may be required to serve as technical lead for the design, testing and implementation of complex applications, complex web application layouts, content and user interfaces and/or database projects to implement the Maximo COTS technology. The Developer-Software Engineer writes necessary code; Ensuring interoperability with other applications; Provides extensive technical advice and guidance to applications developers and other members of the team; Generates comprehensive test plans to ensure that adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed; Oversees unit/functional testing and transitioning the complex applications.
1. Demonstrated Maximo development experience to include:
-Integration with External Systems (MIF)
2. Demonstrated ability and experience to integrate commercial off the shelf (COTS) products using Java Programming and Debugging
3. Demonstrated Syclo integration experience to include:
-Programming Widows and Android Devices
-Installation and maintenance of mobile computing infrastructure
-Installation, development and maintenance of mobile device manager products
-Experience with RFID and wireless capabilities for large scale enterprise
4. Demonstrated experience working with LINUX (FTP, vi, grep, etc.)
5. Demonstrated experience working with and integrating WebSphere Application Server Development
6. Demonstrated experience deploying Maximo with WebSphere infrastructure support (installation, development, maintenance and troubleshooting, sharing shared responsibilities for support with the enterprise computing organizations
7. Demonstrated experience working with ANT Scripting
8. Demonstrated experience working with J2EE Experience to include JMS threads, etc
9. Demonstrated experience working with Eclipse IDE
10. Demonstrated capability to work independently, as well as in a team, in addition to being able to coordinate and manage the resolutions of issues internally and externally to Genesis
11. Demonstrated capability to positively and proactively interact with program team members and customers/stakeholders producing proactive and positive results
12. Demonstrated experience managing data , accesses and baselines for mutilple computing environments and staging data and code for technical releases and deployments
13. Demonstrated knowledge of the Maximo application and its current design state and interface partners, access control configurations and system security plans
1. Demonstrated experience with CM applications
2. Experience with working with Putty
3. ITIL knowledge (preferably V3)
4. Demonstrated successful experience working on large, enterprise level SW projects/programs that have deployed
5. Demonstrated knowledge of software development methodologies, agile and otherwise
6. Demonstrated experience providing operations and maintenance support to commercial off the shelf (COTS) products
7. Experienced with and knowledge of mobile device integration and development and or the Syclo software suite
LOCATION: Tysons Corner, VA
BTS Software Solutions is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business who are community-focused innovators who transform ideas into technology to serve people. We recognize that innovation is only valuable when applied towards a needed solution. Technology has no value without the hard work to turn ideas into reality. Our roots are in helping save Soldiers’ lives through technology. We bring that ethos to serving our community. We create solutions that touch people's lives - products to communicate, to connect companies with customers, to stay informed, to save lives, and to enhance lives.
We have a small company persona with a large company ethos and capabilities; we create elegant solutions for complex problems that will enrich people’s lives. We offer one of the best benefits packages in the industry: Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits package, flexible PTO, cell phone allowance, 401K matching and vested from day one to name just a few of our benefits and perks.
BTS Software Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.