Post a Resume
Post a Job
Human Resources Business Partner
American Red Cross
8550 Arlington Blvd Suite 300
Fairfax, VA 22314
Healthcare & Social Assistance
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
This position can be worked remotely. However this position will primarily support clients located on the East Coast; therefore, the ideal candidate will reside in the Eastern time zone, preferably in the DC area & be able to travel to the DC as needed.
This position serves as an HR Business Partner and business consultant for Corporate business units of the American Red Cross.
Daily, the HR Business Partner works to strengthen the employer-employee relationship, to provide strategic leadership and influence, to engage clients in solving challenges using effective human capital management strategies, and to ensure the business has the tools and skills necessary to meet the organization’s business goals and mission.
Working independently, the HR Business Partner delivers of a wide range of HR services to the employees and management team.
This includes: employee relations, workplace investigations, performance management, and trainings. This position requires well-rounded knowledge as an HR generalist, familiar with every discipline within HR to formulate workforce strategies that meet organizational goals and develop strategic solutions on employment-related issues.
The HR Business Partner also provides day-to-day employee assistance.
The HR Business Partner collaborates with HR Centers of Expertise to deliver HR programs on organizational design, management development, and employee performance management trainings that are designed to meet organizational and performance goals. This position also partners with the Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards teams on recruitment, career development and compensation and benefits programs.
• Responsible for partnering and facilitating all HR Service Delivery initiatives to assigned business units.
• Function as a true business partner to provide clients with advice on key business objectives and execute on those strategies to solve business challenges.
• Consult to clients in key areas include employee relations, employee engagement, coaching, workforce planning, HR training, and performance management.
• Consult with client groups on application/interpretation of laws and regulations, HR policies, performance issues, transfer, terminations and promotions and employee problem resolution. Influence business leaders through certain scenarios.
• Work with the business unit and Organizational Development to deliver and facilitate developmental opportunities for client groups, which may include performance management, succession/workforce planning, compensation/benefits, organization/team development, and change management.
• Monitor employee climate to identify issues/trends and develop recommendations for problem solving with business units as appropriate. Develop solutions to implement with the business units.
• Ensure compliance with established internal HR policies and procedures and regulatory requirements and conduct periodic audits, as needed/required.
• Manage specific projects as determined by the HR Senior Leadership Team and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
• Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices, continued business acumen and key trends.
As a member of the HR Service Delivery team within Human Resources department, the HR Business Partner reports to a HR Relationship Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, organizational development, or a related degree required. PHR/SPHR preferred.
• Seven years of experience in Human Resources business consulting.
• Extensive experience in employee relations and delivery on a wide range of HR strategic initiatives.
• Experience operating and managing client groups in a highly matrixed & virtual work environment.
• Experience supporting corporate clients preferred.
• Business and financial acumen, as well as general HR functional knowledge.
• Broad knowledge of employment law, compensation and organizational development.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain collaborative work relationships within the organization at various levels.
• Must possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills.
• Knowledge of HRIS systems, basic HR measurement, and process improvement techniques required.
• Familiarity with and commitment to the Red Cross mission.
• Ability to travel up to an average of 25% and operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs.
American Red Cross
8550 Arlington Blvd
Fairfax VA 22314
View All Jobs From This Employer
Copyright © 2014
All Rights Reserved.