Post a Resume
Post a Job
Business Development Manager
Manassas, VA 20110
Professional, Scientific Services
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $70,000 To $75,000
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
The Business Development Manager is responsible for setting direction; ensuring proposals are submitted timely and overseeing the work of the proposal team and all activities in the proposal process (i.e. kick off, development, quality, competitiveness, compliancy, completion, submission, etc.) of bids from RFP/I/Q release to contract award. The Business Development Manager significantly contributes to the development and continuous improvement of the processes, tools, and templates and is responsible for the performance management of proposal team members. Coordinates the activities of other staff in various departments needed to provide content in the fulfillment process.
The Business Development Manager oversees the proposal team in driving growth and attaining competitive captures of significant size and complexity of scope in support of the business achieving growth objectives. This position ensures team efforts remain focused on maintaining progress in the pursuit of business opportunities working collaboratively with program management, contracts, business development and finance personnel.
The Business Development Manager is client focused and solution oriented, forming a competitive team and coordinating the integration of subject matter experts and functions required to position the team and maximize probability of win.
Specific duties are listed below but are not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of responsibilities that are or may later be assigned. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management. The employee is expected to perform any duties required by the Firm to ensure its successful operation. Regular evaluations are conducted to measure work performance and ensure goals are met on a consistent basis.
• Responsible for reporting, trending, market analysis, etc.
• Develops and expands current business lines
• Works with external sources to establish teaming agreements
• Coordinates the fulfillment of proposals
• Develops and recommend strategies to facilitate pricing and bid/no bid decisions
• Develops client relationship management strategies to ensure effective program execution, transition and long-term sustainable client relationships
• Prepares, monitors and submits regular reports on business development activities
• Continuously strives to improve the overall business development and capture processes
• Understands the available electronic resources to maintain market intelligence on the industry and competitor news
• Assists in selecting, evaluating, mentoring, and developing talent to support the future growth of the company
• Drives opportunity from capture decision to contract award, formulates, communicates and implements integrated capture strategy, pricing, teaming, competitive intelligence/analysis, client relations, and technical solutions/concept development
• Prospects for new business, develops and expands current business lines, collaborates with senior management to make determination on viable business to pursue
• Orchestrates bid strategies, technical and management approaches, oversight of the development of the cost volume and teaming strategy, as well as capture and proposal strategy
• Leads capture efforts to secure new contracts or task order business
• Interfaces with senior management concerning pricing, costs, scheduling and overall pursuit performance
• Participates in trade shows, seminars, industry days and vendor open houses that support capture objectives
• Assists in proposal development to include authoring major sections as a technical writer
• Works with management team on identifying and pursuing leads and opportunities in fulfillment of business development goals through the use of central knowledge management resources, such as the competitive intelligence database
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all clients and the firm’s business; becomes familiar with client names and industries
• Performs other duties as assigned
• College degree required with concentration in a related field
• Master’s degree preferred, but not required
• At least 5 to 7 years of experience in marketing/ business development experience to include generating leads, creating proposals, conducting sales presentations, and meeting sales goals.
• Strong leader/manager with 5 to 7 years of experience in people/ project/ program management
• Experience in leading strategy sessions, analysis, organizing sources sought responses, proposals, preparing and delivering multi-media team presentations
• Proven success in building long term client relationships and developing strategic business plans that result in growth opportunities
• Experience with sales process from identification and qualification through due diligence and contract negotiations
• Good understanding of financial business models
• Working knowledge of government contracting protocols and reporting requirements
• Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to effectively interact at with individuals at all levels of an organization
• Strong executor with a track record of accomplishing strategic level goals and tasks
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead complex teams, helping to further develop a successful and growing business
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and manage risk
• Proven ability to conduct competitive assessments and price to win analysis
• Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
• Ability to multi-task; organize and prioritize multiple on-going projects
• Strong understanding and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Medicare, managed care, or insurance strongly preferred
• Must not be currently sanctioned or excluded from any program operated by Federal or State Agencies including Medicare and Medicaid
Copyright © 2014
All Rights Reserved.