Post a Resume
Post a Job
Amtrak is Hiring Carmen Journeymen - 90067786 - Lorton
8006 Lorton Road
Lorton, VA 22079
Transportation & Warehousing
Security Clearance Required
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
* Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines
* Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures
* Repairs doors, windows, interior equipment, access panels, hand brakes, brake shoes, outside car body components, fire extinguishers, emergency tools and first aid kits
* Uses a variety of test equipment to diagnose malfunctions, troubleshoot and repair components and circuits
* Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job
* May perform welding and burning
* High school diploma or GED
* Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement and rebuilding of mechanic equipment and systems
* Must successfully complete training and attain/retain certifications applicable to assigned job
* Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
* Ability to read mechanical drawings
* Knowledge and skill in the use of electronic tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards
* Some computer skills
* Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently
* Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program
* Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.
We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions.
If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply.
We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
8006 Lorton road
Lorton VA 22079
View All Jobs From This Employer
Copyright © 2014
All Rights Reserved.